Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier Disc Golf Club in Destin, Fort Walton Beach and Niceville, Florida

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Playground Disc Golf Coluy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Playground Disc Golf Coluy Empty
PostSubject: Playground Disc Golf Coluy   Playground Disc Golf Coluy I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Quick note - PDGC is going to be working toward sponsorships for benches and Tee box's at Freeport. Really is great news that both of FWB's clubs are working to make the course better. Funny how upset they were when I made a presentation to the Parks Advisory board and was asked to stay out of their business. Since we were already working with the Freeport Park have they not just done the same thing? Not posting this with any bad intentions just want to point out that we need to be working together and I as well as Mango welcome their thoughts, ideas, and help moving forward. As I have said in the past Playground has really become a great Club after their first full year. We all need to understand that their would be no Mango if they were as sucessful as they are now. Lets give them all the support we can! Playground pls do not hesitate to let us know if we can help in anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://mangodiscgolf.forumotion.com
KeyChains1

PostSubject: Re: Playground Disc Golf Coluy   Playground Disc Golf Coluy I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:02 pm

Dear Mr. Hollis:

1st of all....really??

I have tried for a long time to be cordial when you were bashing my store, family and the club that I am a member of, however enough is enough.

Do you pick and choose which info you want to belive and then change it around for your beneift?

It was my sister and I that were upset with you regarding the parks and advisory board, because you were MIS-LEADING people in to thinking there was going to be a course at Par 3. HAD you come to the next scheduled Okaloosa County parks and rec. meeting last November, where you had put yourself on the docket again, you would have gotten an EAR FULL from the Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge and Audabon Society, as well as the cons to having a disc golf course out there, with everything else they already have planned, however you did not show, and Ronda & Drake had to field those questions.

As far as you "already working with Freeport Park", I beg to differ. Us and other disc golfers had been talking with Johnny King at length regarding what they were looking to do out there, i.e. benches, tee pads, signs, etc. Not JUST US (KEY CHAINS or PDGC) were going to do it.... that is LUDACRIS. Disc golfers in general were wanting to step in and help Johnny King with any and everything.

We were told by Shane Supple, Rec Director City of Freeport, that NO ONE CLUB could enter into any agreement with the parks and rec board, as they were not allowed to do that. I can forward any emails to you if you so desire. So once again, get your facts straight before you start posting and insinuating things you know nothing about.

As for sponsorships on the tee pads & benches , KEY CHAINS was talking with him about sponsoring holes and providing additional equipment, not PDGC. But with that said, PDGC also wants to participate in keeping that a great course and one that people will want to drive to.

I honestly feel that you have nothing BUT bad intentions when it comes to PDGC and wish you would just drop it and move on, as I have said before.

Yes, I do agree that having 2-clubs can only further the sport, however you taking cheap shots at every turn is just showing your character.

Furthermore, for any fundraisers you have planned on doing out at CHAIN DRAGON, move forward with YOUR plans. As per Shane, due to budget constraints, they welcome any and ALL the support they can get. So schedule away....ALL disc golfers will be grateful for more activities in our local area.

Teresa Key
Playground Disc Golf Club
Key Chains Bike & Disc
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Thanks once again   Playground Disc Golf Coluy I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:45 am

[color=yellow]Every story has two sides. It was Shane who asked us - Mango to begin a support Club for Freeport. This happened when he approched us and interviewed me for a local publication - that does not sound to me that you were already moving forward with anything with the Park. We were told to do anything we wanted to the course. Move the baskets, the tee pads, etc. Again I only posted about what we had done and once again you have you panties in a wad. Incrediable that you also seem to pick and chose your side of the story and after asking me to stay away from you that you join and post on our forum - guess you must be reading out post - thanks

In your PM to me you again pick and choose what information you accept and or share. You stated that Rhonda had asked me to stay away from your store and i did and have. Then you said that I have never been banned form anything - well in that post, I was also told to stay away from PDGC also! Which is it? If you do not agree or have a different point of view you seem to take offence to it. Then you told me to not speak about your store of family and even though you are not my mother I have once again complied with your wishes. You spent entirely to much time and effort watching what I do. But that is over once again. Maybe you will get out and finish painting the benches at Ferry or completing the bag holders instead of making things worse by beating up amother club...

In the original post here that you replied to I was informing our members that you or PDGC was also going to be working toward a better disc park and you take it to post your negitive views once again. If you have nothing nice to say just don't say it.

Good Luck in your efforts...

Back to top Go down
who-dat

PostSubject: Re: Playground Disc Golf Coluy   Playground Disc Golf Coluy I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 2:16 pm

and the flame war rages on....

....on a positive note, some friends and I are planning a trip to play freeport in a few weeks, we wanna check out the new course!

seriously, i hope that personal issues and vendettas can take a back-burner to the whole reason the clubs even exist...the sport of disc golf!
....i am new to the game, and have no back history on past issues with clubs, nor do i really care to know the problems. I play disc golf, I get online to read about
technique and form, what molds do what, what plastic is superior, whos playing where, how to meet up with players w/more experience and learn from them,
and when and where the tourneys are. I feel confident that the majority of local players play the game for the fun involved, as well as improving their game, and TBH
all of the negativity doesn't seem like it would do any good for the growth of the sport.......whats the saying, 'stay positive, shoot negative'?.....

just my $0.02

respect to all who ENJOY the game
mike/who-dat
Back to top Go down
KeyChains1

PostSubject: Re: Playground Disc Golf Coluy   Playground Disc Golf Coluy I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 2:16 am

@ Steve... you HAVE GOT TO BE the most delusional person I have ever met. You certainly need to re-read the email I sent to you weeks ago as no where in there is it telling you to "stay away from" PDGC.

But...interpret away.....
"YOU WERE NOT KICKED OUT OF PLAYGROUND DISC GOLF CLUB.... YOU RESIGNED... why do you continue to say otherwise. YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN BANNED from anything at Ferry Park or anything with the club.... YOU CHOSE to leave the club therefore how is it anyone's fault but your own? (this is directly from the email I sent to you)

@ Mike.... you are absolutely correct. I apologize for airing any dirty laundry here on this forum. I did try and be tactful and sent an email to Mr. Hollis a few weeks back, however me being "discreet" did nothing, as this post did nothing. The MIS LEADING of information is still running rampant. I appreciate your $0.02 and again apologize for "muddying" up the waters for people that were not involved. Yes ... all of the negative comments and actions are not good for the sport, again I apologize to you. Glad to hear you are a new disc golfer and have the "bug" like SOOOO many around here. Good Luck with your game and hope to see you out on the course one day!

My original post was most certainly directed at Mr. Hollis, not Mango as a club. The more clubs, the better, for all disc golfers in general! That is definately the point... TO GROW THE SPORT, not to take away from it, like these posts have done.

Thanks for your time sunny

Teresa Key
Playground Disc Golf Club
Key Chains Bike & Disc

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Delusional>   Playground Disc Golf Coluy I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 7:21 am

Here is a copy of my original post that started all of this:The day before we left to Memphis I had a meeting with the Okaloosa County Parks Advisory board and after overcoming five or six huge objections I did persuade them to allow us to begin moving forward on a new course. NOTHING is set and still have a lot of work to do to make this happen and I will need your help in the next couple of months. I could use support from all of you and your clubs to make this happen. If everyone/anyone would put together a letter or note letting the the Okaloosa Parks Advisory and County Commissioners know that you would support events here that would be a huge help. You can email them to discparker at yahoo. They also mentioned that they have land in the North Okaloosa county that I will follow up on once we finish working on this one. No lies here. This is what I did and this post simple says what I did and was asking for help from other disc golfers in the form of letters to be use to present to the PAB to show that all disc golfrers would be interested in seeing this happen, It does state that there is a lot of work left to do. . No where in this post is it said that this is a done deal - only that we were trying tomove forward with a course at this location.

IF you Theresa would then re-read the post your sister posted accusing me of presenting to the golfers as I HAD DONE IT ALL AND TAKING THE CREDIT FOR MYSELF - I see no where where I took any credit I only posted what I had done. In that same post your sister made she explaines to me that I was to stay away from Key Chains and in the same sentance as I remember to also stay awat from PDGC. SO are you saying that you chose to bash me over staying away from Key Chains but the part about staying away from PDCG you now chose to forget about and make it look like I quit. I resigned from a non-functional bOD not the CLub. How is that possile to stay away from PDGC and not be banned from PDGC. The board removed me from the membership and was later explained to me that it was because of my actions. Sonds and looks like a duck to me!

Here is a post from this thread: Mango Disc Golf has entered into an agreement and are proud to be working with the Freeport Regional Sports Complex at Hammock Bay.

The 60-acre Freeport Regional Sports Complex at Hammock Bay is nestled within the Hammock Bay community and can be accessed via Great Hammock Bend or Bay Loop Road. In designing the community's park, attention to all aspects was fully researched. Some of the elements that were examined were the interaction of one sport or activity with another, pedestrian and vehicular traffic, the parks accessibility to the community, the preservation of its natural elements and activities for all ages to enjoy.
This hard work and dedication is shown in the City Sports Park which includes the following amenities:

T-Ball fields - Softball fields - Baseball fields - Tennis courts - Basketball courts

Soccer fields - Sand volleyball - Shuffleboard play ground - Walking / Jogging trails

18 hole disc golf course

Mango Disc Golf will open it's membership and benefits to golfers at this beautiful sports complex. Mango will help in running and scheduling tournaments, clinics, random doubles, bag tag rounds and growing the membership and promoting disc golf across the Panhandle of Florida. There is a new link on Mango Forum that is dedicated to events and news in Freeport. Look for news on Tee sponsorship and fund raising events in order to install the cement T-pads. Look for the calendar of events to begin the week of the next time change.

I see nowhere in this post that says that Mango Gisc Golf is the only club or golfers that had the right to promote the sport of course. Again it only states the fact that we had worked out a proposal to be involved...

Here again is a post on this forum that says: Quick note - PDGC is going to be working toward sponsorships for benches and Tee box's at Freeport. Really is great news that both of FWB's clubs are working to make the course better. Funny how upset they were when I made a presentation to the Parks Advisory board and was asked to stay out of their business. Since we were already working with the Freeport Park have they not just done the same thing? Not posting this with any bad intentions just want to point out that we need to be working together and I as well as Mango welcome their thoughts, ideas, and help moving forward. As I have said in the past Playground has really become a great Club after their first full year. We all need to understand that their would be no Mango if they were as sucessful as they are now. Lets give them all the support we can! Playground pls do not hesitate to let us know if we can help in anyway.

Something there that is not true? Again I was posting on our forum so our members would know of other involovement.

Again you say: I have tried for a long time to be cordial when you were bashing my store, family and the club that I am a member of, however enough is enough.

You make it sound like I am beating you up. I can see no where that it is posted anything about your store, or family other than needed to protect my reputation from comments made toward me. But with all of this posted above you take it upon yourself to join our forum as start swinging away at me. So, I need to stay away from you but you ...Trying very hard to make me look like the problem maker. I did not start this. I like you am tired of this. I have posted several positive comments about PDGC but you seem to overlook them. The person spreading this false and damaging information is you. Your sister has slandered me and my reputation, you continue to keep it up. You had better have proof that I actually lied about anything or quite this venedeta you have against me or you will not like what I do next to protect my reputation. Lastly, my final comment would be - I need to stay away from you, your store, your family and the club you belong to but you feel it is alright to join our forum and start this s@@t again. Get over it and move on. Do as I say not as I do seems to be the rule you are living with.

I am sure you will not be able to resist posting more negitive stuff but be careful in making personal attacks -

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playground Disc Golf Coluy   Playground Disc Golf Coluy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playground Disc Golf Coluy
Page 1 of 1