Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier Disc Golf Club in Destin, Fort Walton Beach and Niceville, Florida

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

glow round

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
who-dat

glow round Empty
PostSubject: glow round   glow round I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:48 pm

talked to Denise from the rec center today on the phone. she said it would be fine if we played a glow round at sunset park as long as it would not be a tournament (meaning entry fee/prizes/etc) in any way shape or form....unless some of the proceeds went to the park/improving the park. All i'll have to do is call her once I've decided on a day to do it, and its golden!

so, i was thinking either tuesday 2/15 or friday 2/18, what do you all think?
would anyone like to attend?

as far as lighting the discs up, i've got 2 methods to use. one being the clear duct tape, paper towel, and a cut open glow stick.....the other being a single LED, attach the connectors to either side (+/-) of a watch battery, tape it together, and clear duct it to the bottom center of a disc.

i'm open to any other suggestions on lighting discs, and i know LED discs are out there, but i'm not gonna drop $20 on one personally.

as far as the baskets go, i have a few LED glowstick/flashlights sold at hardware stores, and i would be willing to buy some regular glowsticks for the rest of the baskets. I will also bring some extra glow-sticks, tape, and some LEDs and watch batteries for others at my own expense (maybe enough for 10-15 other people).

if anyone is interested, let me know! and if anyone has any suggestions, i'd be interested to hear them

thanks
mike/who-dat
Back to top Go down
Parker

glow round Empty
PostSubject: Glow round   glow round I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 am

Mike - sounds like a good idea, ECDGC has them from time to time and their forum is a good place to post that info.

In no way am I stepping on your toes but here is something for thought.

We had a problem here in Ft Walton Beach a week or so ago where a disc golfer went to the Parks Director and a tree was cut down that made the hole what it was. If the tree was slated to be cut doew before or not is not really the issue at this point but both of the Clubs here asked their members to get with their Club or speak with one of the Clubs BOD's before going to the city or county personally. In most cases they may have an answer for you on the question or issue and I am sure if they don't they will work with you to get one.

Let me know about the glow round and we will see if some of the FWB crew can make it over!

Steve
Back to top Go down
who-dat

glow round Empty
PostSubject: Re: glow round   glow round I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:30 pm

I get what you're saying Steve, but due to the lack of 'club use' at Sunset Park, I did not see this to be a problem....I could be totally wrong though and pissed off people in charge of the local clubs...also, with the glow round being a non-sanctioned, for-fun-only round, I did not see the need to consult with club officials. Also, I read on dgcoursereview.com about glow rounds, and that a simple call to the rec. center would be all it took for approval....and it was indeed all I needed to do!

I did post up on both ECDGC.com and dgcoursereview.com about my friends and I planning a glow round in a couple of weeks, and If I can get commitments out of a total of 8 (including myself) people, I will call Denise and confirm for the night of FRIDAY 2/18/11. (tuesday night golf doesn't work for a lot of 9-5ers...)

LMK if you've got anyone who would be down to play, as of now I've got 4 people who are in for sure.

mike/who-dat

*edit: BTW, ur not stepping on any toes at all Steve, to the contrary rather. IMO, most advice/ideas from people that have been involved w/the game is always gonna be beneficial to people
who are new to the sport and trying to get involved as well as improve their game (I'm the perfect example of said newbie, lol).
Back to top Go down
Parker

glow round Empty
PostSubject: Cool -   glow round I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks Mike for your understanding and not beating me up over my comments. I look forward to playing and meeting you. ECDGC does have a wednesday ramdom doubles event and it will start up again for 2001 once the day light last longer. We are closer to that day - Maybe you can play in one of the upcomming events at our Ferry Park in FWB - this month on the 12th and MDG's in April - Easter day!!
Back to top Go down
who-dat

glow round Empty
PostSubject: Re: glow round   glow round I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:11 pm

looks like Fri the 18th is gonna be the night. Full moon and whatnot...also more people would be able to play longer into the evening on a weekend night as opposed to a weekday (sorry bar and restaurant people, ur gonna have to be like me and request the night off if you wanna play).

I've got green 4" and yellow 4" sticks to light the baskets (odd holes will be green, evens yellow) and one red LED glowstick for the 16th (as the 12th and 16th basket are fairly close to one another and both are even numbered holes).
I'm gonna pick up another 24 of the green ones (I've got 24 green and 12 yellow already). Party city has packs of 12 for $10, so thats not too bad. So in total I'll have 2 LED glowsticks, 48 green and 12 yellow 4" sticks, and I've also got 12 bracelets to put on bags for each group (if we indeed have enough people for multiple groups). If I do get some of the LEDs, I will not be bringing any extras as I originally planned as I'm sure 60 glow sticks will be enough....unless I get commitments from many more people, lol...

as of now, i've got 7-8 of my friends who are down to play, in addition to anyone on this site, dgcoursereview.com, and ECDGC.com who is gonna come out and play.

I'm covering the cost of the glowsticks for this round, no worries...as long as 60 is enough, lol
Back to top Go down
who-dat

glow round Empty
PostSubject: Re: glow round   glow round I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:55 pm

here is a link to the latest update on the glow round at Sunset Park in Gulf Breeze, FL:

http://www.ecdgc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2037&st=0&p=21734&#entry21734

PM me here if you're gonna come out, but you're not on the ecdgc forums.
thanks
who-dat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

glow round Empty
PostSubject: Re: glow round   glow round I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

glow round
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sunset Disc Golf Park-
Jump to: